Vilnius Gediminas Technical University Faculty of Environmental Engineering Road Research Institute was established on the 22th of December in 2009 by Vilnius Gediminas Technical University Senate Resolution.
The staff of Road Research Institute is supported by an integrated Quality Management, Environmental Management and Occupational Health and Safety Management System (meeting the requirements of LST EN ISO 9001, LST EN ISO 14001 and LST 1977 (BS OHSAS 18001) which was certified in 2012, also by the main principles of planning, organisation, implementation, control and improvement of present activities.
The aim of the Road Research Institute
To carry out scientific research of transport communications and to provide engineering services at international level.
The vision of the Road Research Institute
To provide services of the highest quality and competence in design, expertise and scientific research of transport communications as well as the consultations in the field of road safety, also to be a leader among such institutions in Lithuania.
The main activities of the Road Research Institute:
- International-level research of roads and urban streets pavement structures and building materials.
- Research of roads and urban streets pavements, pavement structure and construction materials.
- Design of roads, urban streets, airport pavements and railways, project and structure inspection.
- Maintenance inspection of roads, urban streets, airport pavements and railway construction.
- Research of airport runways, taxiways and platforms pavement structures. Calculation of Pavement Classification Number (PCN).
- Research and application of new technologies of roads, urban streets and airport pavements construction.
- Development of roads and urban streets normative documents.
- Methodological and technical assistance working with new materials, compounds and pavement structures.
Desire to excel
Focus on clients, employees, the general public
Politics of the Road Research Institute http://www.vgtu.lt/media/files/83/politika.pdf
Adress: Linkmenų str. 28, VI corps, 5th floor.
Telephone No of director: +370 5 251 23 55,
Telephone No of administrator: +370 5 251 23 54.
Fax: +370 5 273 10 20.